나눔터

추천 도서/영화

3/24(주일) 설교- 마틴 루터 킹 목사의 나에게 꿈이 있습니다 .

최태성 - ☆1963년 오늘, 마틴루터킹의 명연설. 자신의 권리를 찾기 위해 운집한 25만명 앞에서... | Facebook 

사진을 클릭하면 EBS 마틴 루터 목사 소개를 보실수 있습니다 

1963년 8월에 행한 연설 중

나의 친구인 여러분들에게 말씀드립니다. 고난과 좌절의 순간에도, 저는 꿈을 가지고 있다고. 이 꿈은 아메리칸 드림에 깊이 뿌리를 내리고 있는 꿈입니다. 저에게는 꿈이 있습니다. 언젠가 이 나라가 모든 인간은 평등하게 태어났다는 것을 자명한 진실로 받아들이고, 그 진정한 의미를 신조로 살아가게 되는 날이 오리라는 꿈입니다. 언젠가는 조지아의 붉은 언덕위에 예전에 노예였던 부모의 자식과 그 노예의 주인이었던 부모의 자식들이 형제애의 식탁에 함께 둘러앉는 날이 오리라는 꿈입니다. 언젠가는 불의와 억압의 열기에 신음하던 저 황폐한 미시시피주가 자유와 평등의 오아시스가 될 것이라는 꿈입니다. 나의 네 자녀들이 피부색이 아니라 인격에 따라 평가받는 그런 나라에 살게 되는 날이 오리라는 꿈입니다.

오늘 저에게는 꿈이 있습니다. 주지사가 늘 연방 정부의 조처에 반대할 수 있다느니, 연방법의 실시를 거부한다느니 하는 말만 하는 앨라배마주가 변하여, 흑인 소년소녀들이 백인 소년소녀들과 손을 잡고 형제자매처럼 함께 걸어갈 수 있는 상황이 되는 꿈입니다. 오늘 저에게는 꿈이 있습니다. 어느 날 모든 계곡이 높이 솟아오르고, 모든 언덕과 산은 낮아지고, 거친 곳은 평평해지고, 굽은 곳은 곧게 펴지고, 하느님의 영광이 나타나 모든 사람들이 함께 그 광경을 지켜보는 꿈입니다.

이것이 우리의 희망입니다. 이것이 제가 남부로 돌아갈 때 가지고 가는 신념입니다. 이런 신념을 가지고 있으면 우리는 절망의 산을 개척하여 희망의 돌을 찾아낼 수 있을 것입니다. 이런 희망을 가지고 있으면 우리는 이 나라의 이 소란스러운 불협화음을 형제애로 가득 찬 아름다운 음악으로 변화 시킬 수 있을 것입니다. 이런 신념이 있으면 우리는 함께 일하고 함께 기도하며 함께 투쟁하고 함께 감옥에 가며, 함께 자유를 위해 싸울 수 있을 것 입니다. 우리가 언젠가 자유로워지리라는 것을 알기 때문입니다. 그 날은 하나님의 모든 자식들이 새로운 의미로 노래부를 수 있는 날이 될 것입니다.

『나의 조국은 자유의 땅, 나의 부모가 살다 죽은 땅, 개척자들의 자부심이 있는 땅, 모든 산에서 자유가 노래하게 하라』 미국이 위대한 국가가 되려면, 이것은 반드시 실현되어야 합니다. 그래서 자유가 뉴햄프셔의 거대한 언덕에서 울려 퍼지게 합시다. 자유가 뉴욕의 큰 산에서 울려 퍼지게 합시다. 자유가 펜실베이니아의 앨러게니산맥에서 울려 퍼지게 합시다. 콜로라도의 눈 덮인 로키산맥에서도 자유가 울려 퍼지게 합시다. 캘리포니아의 굽이진 산에서도 자유가 울려 퍼지게 합시다. 뿐만 아니라, 조지아의 스톤 산에서도 자유가 울려 퍼지게 합시다. 테네시의 룩아웃산에서도 자유가 울려 퍼지게 합시다. 미시시피의 모든 언덕에서도 자유가 울려 퍼지게 합시다. 모든 산으로부터 자유가 울려 퍼지게 합시다. 자유가 울려 퍼지게 할 때, 모든 마을, 모든 부락, 모든 주와 도시에서 자유가 울려 퍼지게 할 때, 우리는 더 빨리 그 날을 향해 갈 수 있을 것입니 다. 하나님의 모든 자손들, 흑인과 백인, 유태인과 이교도들, 개신교도와 가톨릭 교도들이 손에 손을 잡고, 옛 흑인 영가를 함께 부르는 그 날이 말입니다.

『드디어 자유, 드디어 자유, 전지전능하신 신이여, 우리가 마침내 자유로워졌나이다!』그리고 나는 오늘 오후 남부로 돌아가지만, 절망에 빠진 채 가는 것은 아닙니다. 나는 남부로 돌아가지만, 우리가 탈출구가 전혀 없는 컴컴한 지하감옥 속에 갇혀 있다고는 생각하지 않습니다. 나는 새로운 날이 오고 있다는 믿음을 가지고 돌아갑니다. 나는 지금 꿈을 가지고 있습니다. 그것은 아메리칸 드림에 깊이 뿌리를 둔 꿈입니다. 나는 지금 꿈을 가지고 있습니다. 어느 날, 조지아에서 미시시피와 앨라배마에 이르기까지 옛날 노예의 아들들이 옛날 노예주인의 아들들과 함께 형 제처럼 살게 되는 꿈입니다. 나는 지금 꿈을 가지고 있습니다. 어느 날 백인 어린이가 흑인 어린이와 형제자매처럼 손을 잡게 되는 꿈입니다. 나는 지금 꿈을 가지고 있습니다. 어느 날 단순히 자유를 얻기 위해서 집이나 교회에 불을 지르는 일이 없게 되는 꿈입니다. 나는 지금 꿈을 가지고 있습니다. 이마티오가 당해야 했던, 매그루더가 당해야 했던 잔학행위가 없어지고, 모든 사람이 품위 있게 살 수 있는 날이 오는 꿈입니다. 나는 지금 꿈을 가지고 있습니다. 어느 날, 내 네 아이가 내가 겪어야 했던 젊은 시절과 같은 것을 겪지 않고, 또 그들이 피부색깔 대신 인격을 기준 으로 평가를 하고 평가를 받게 되는 꿈입니다. 나는 지금 꿈을 가지고 있습니다. 어느 날, 이곳 워싱턴의 흑인들이 돈만 있으면 어느 곳에서든지 집을 사거나 세를 들고 집을 가질 수 있게 되는 꿈입니다.

그렇습니다. 나는 지금 꿈을 가지고 있습니다. 어느 날, 이 땅에서 아모스의 예언이 실현되고, 정의가 강물처럼 흘러내리며, 진리가 거대한 분류처럼 흐르게 되는 꿈입니다. 나는 지금 꿈을 가지고 있습니다. 어느 날 모든 사람은 평등하게 태어났고, 창조주로부터 생명, 자유, 행복추구 등 양도할 수 없는 권리를 받았다는 제퍼슨의 말을 인정하게 되는 꿈입니다. 나는 지금 꿈을 가지고 있습니다. 어느 날 모든 산골짜기가 솟아오르고, 모든 언덕과 산이 주저앉으며, 거친 곳이 평탄해지고, 굽어진 곳이 곧게 펴지며, 주의 영광이 나타나 모든 인간이 함께 그것을 볼 수 있는 날이 오는 꿈 입니다. 나는 지금 꿈을 가지고 있습니다. 인간이 모두 형제가 되는 꿈입니다. 나는 이런 신념을 가지고 나서서 절망의 산에다 희망의 터널을 뚫겠습니다. 나는 이런 신념을 가지고 여러분과 함께 나서서 어둠의 어제를 광명의 내일로 바꾸겠습니다.

우리는 이런 신념을 가지고 새로운 날을 만들어낼 수 있습니다. 하나님의 모든 아이들이 흑인이건 백인이건, 유태인이건 非유태인이건, 개신교도이건 가톨릭교도이건, 손을 잡고,『자유가 왔다! 자유가 왔다! 하나님 감사합니다!』 하고 흑인영가를 부를 수 있는 날을 만들 수 있습니다.

To you, my friends, I speak to you. Even in moments of hardship and frustration, I have a dream. This dream is deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream. I have a dream that one day this country will accept as a self-evident truth that all human beings are created equal and live its true meaning as a creed. I have a dream that one day, on the red hills of Georgia, the children of former slaves and the children of former slave owners will sit together at the table of brotherhood. I have a dream that one day, the devastated state of Mississippi, groaning under the heat of injustice and oppression, will become an oasis of freedom and equality. I have a dream that one day my four children will live in a country where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

Today I have a dream. The state of Alabama, where the governor always says that he can oppose the actions of the federal government or that he refuses to implement federal laws, is changing, and black boys and girls can hold hands with white boys and girls and walk together like brothers and sisters. It's a dream. Today I have a dream. I have a dream that one day every valley will be exalted, every hill and mountain will be made low, the rough places will be made plain, the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of God will appear and all people will watch it together.

This is our hope. This is the belief I take with me when I return to the South. If we have this belief, we will be able to clear the mountain of despair and find a stone of hope. With this hope, we will be able to transform the noisy cacophony of this country into beautiful music filled with brotherly love. With this belief, we will be able to work together, pray together, fight together, go to prison together, and fight for freedom together. Because we know that one day we will be free. That day will be a day when all of God's children can sing with new meaning.

『My country is the land of freedom, the land where my parents lived and died, the land of pride for pioneers, let freedom sing from every mountain.』 For America to become a great nation, this must be realized. So let freedom ring from the mighty hills of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the great mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the Alleghenies of Pennsylvania. Let freedom ring from the snow-capped Rocky Mountains of Colorado. Let freedom ring from the rolling mountains of California. And let freedom ring from Stone Mountain, Georgia. Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain in Tennessee. Let freedom ring from every hill of Mississippi. Let freedom ring from every mountain. When we let freedom ring, when we let freedom ring from every village, every hamlet, every state and city, we will be able to reach that day faster. A day when all God's children, black and white, Jew and pagan, Protestant and Catholic, will join hands and sing the old Negro spirituals together.

“Free at last, free at last, Almighty God, we are free at last!” And I return to the South this afternoon, but not in despair. I go back to the South, but I don't think we're locked in a dark dungeon with no way out. I return with faith that a new day is coming. I have a dream now. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American Dream. I have a dream now. I have a dream that one day, from Georgia to Mississippi and Alabama, the sons of former slaves will live like brothers with the sons of former slave owners. I have a dream now. I have a dream that one day white children will join hands with black children like brothers and sisters. I have a dream now. My dream is that one day there will be no need to burn down houses or churches simply to gain freedom. I have a dream now. I have a dream of a day when the atrocities that Imatio suffered and Magruder suffered will end and everyone will be able to live with dignity. I have a dream now. I have a dream that one day, my four children will not have to go through what I had to go through as a young person, and they will be evaluated and evaluated based on their character instead of the color of their skin. I have a dream now. My dream is that one day, black people here in Washington will be able to buy or rent a home anywhere if they have the money.

That's right. I have a dream now. It is a dream that one day, Amos' prophecy will come true on this earth, justice will flow like a river, and truth will flow like a great stream. I have a dream now. I have a dream that one day we will acknowledge Jefferson's words that all people are created equal and have received from their Creator certain unalienable rights, including life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I have a dream now. I have a dream that one day every valley will rise, every hill and mountain will fall down, the rough places will be made smooth, the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord will appear and all humans will be able to see it together. I have a dream now. The dream is for all humans to become brothers. With this belief, I will step forward and dig a tunnel of hope through the mountain of despair. With this belief, I will step forward with you and change yesterday's darkness into a bright tomorrow.

With this belief, we can create a new day. Let all of God's children, whether black or white, Jewish or non-Jewish, Protestant or Catholic, join hands and say, "Freedom has come!" Freedom has come! We can create a day where we can sing black spirituals and say, “Thank you, God!”

댓글목록